lynda.com provides highly competitive benefits for employees and their families. These benefits are designed to meet our employees' health, retirement savings and time off needs. Based on location, we offer a variety of other perks for our employees as well. The benefits shown below are for our US based employees. Benefit information for non-US based positions will be provided to individuals who interview for those positions.all open positions
Health and wellness benefits
lynda.com provides best-in-class benefits and pays 100 percent of premium costs for eligible employees and family members.
- Medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- Flexible spending accounts for health and dependent care expenses
- Access to Health Advocate, a confidential service that helps navigate the often complex healthcare system
- Access to a traditional Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness resources, including on-site Yoga and Zumba classes, and an on-site massage program
401(k) retirement plan
lynda.com helps employees save for retirement by offering a 401(k) plan and making matching contributions to their accounts.
Employees can choose to contribute a portion of their pre-tax compensation to the plan, subject to plan and IRS limitations. Each pay period, lynda.com makes matching contributions to each employee’s account (equal to a percentage of his/her compensation).
Paid time off
lynda.com provides paid time off for you to rest, relax, or recover.
- Company holidays
- Jury duty and bereavement
- New parent leave
Company perks and discounts
- Catered gourmet lunches at both the Carpinteria and Calabasas locations
- The Coastal Housing Partnership program, which provides generous savings and benefits when purchasing a home, refinancing a mortgage, or renting an apartment in Ventura and Santa Barbara Counties
- Discounts at dozens of companies, including online service providers, the Apple Store, on-site car wash and dry-cleaning pick-up/delivery
- Bonuses for employees who refer applicants who are hired as regular status employees
Sustainability at lynda.com
lynda.com is committed to protecting and preserving our environment by building and living green. As we continue to grow, we are committed to serving as a leader in sustainability. We are currently participating in a zero-waste program with a goal of reducing our landfill waste to only 5 percent of our total waste by the end of 2014.
In December 2012, we received the US Green Building Council’s Green Office Award for Santa Barbara, Ventura, and San Luis Obispo County. This award recognized our company’s commitment to sustainable business practices.
We continue to be the largest Green Certified Business in Santa Barbara County. This certification was achieved through our many green initiatives, including the following:
- Greenguard and Indoor Air Certified desks, cubicles, and seating products (which is also healthy for our employees)
- Campus recycling and composting
- Commuter programs
- Electric-vehicle charging station at our main campus
- Energy tracking with goals to reduce energy consumption
- Water conservation tracking with goals to reduce water consumption
- Reduced printing and double-sided printing (when printing is absolutely necessary)
- Electronic-waste recycling program
- Material donations to Habitat for Humanity