Installing and Running WordPress: WAMP
Video: Installing and Running WordPress: WAMP: WelcomeLearn to install and configure WordPress locally on Windows with WAMP, the open-source server/database/scripting language combo that sets the stage for more serious WordPress development.
- Next steps
Viewers: in countries Watching now:
Installing WordPress on your computer gives you a perfect testing ground for experimentation, theme development, plug-in testing, and website development. This course is designed for Windows users who want to install and configure WordPress locally on a PC with WAMP, the open-source server/database/scripting language combo that sets the stage for more serious WordPress development. Author Morten Rand-Hendriksen covers the configuration options and usage scenarios to get you started working in WordPress quickly.
- What is WAMP?
- Downloading WAMP and WordPress
- Installing WAMP
- Setting up WordPress as a Windows library
- Troubleshooting your setup
Hi, I am Morten Rand-Hendriksen, and welcome to Installing and Running WordPress WAMP. In this course, I'll show you how to install WordPress on your computer so that it's easier to experiment with and build content for WordPress without relying on an external web host or an Internet connection. I'll start by showing you where to get WAMP and how to install it on your computer. We'll look at how to configure WAMP and WordPress to work together, and finally I'll show you how to uninstall WAMP without losing your content in the process.
Having WordPress installed locally on your Windows computer will make it a lot easier to experiment with and build content for WordPress. So let's get cracking with Installing and Running WordPress WAMP.
Find answers to the most frequently asked questions about Installing and Running WordPress: WAMP .
Here are the FAQs that matched your search "" :
- Q: How do I take the local version of my WordPress site and publish it on the web?
- A: The course WordPress Quick Tips: Migration and Database Reset shows you how to migrate a local site to production. The method shown creates a new duplicate of the original website, but it requires detailed database work and effectively results in a hard reset of the target site. Proceed carefully.
Sorry, there are no matches for your search "" —to search again, type in another word or phrase and click search.