Installing and Running WordPress: MAMP (2013)
Video: WelcomeLearn to install and configure WordPress locally on a Mac with MAMP, the open-source server/database/scripting language combo that sets the stage for more serious WordPress development.
- Next steps
Installing WordPress on your computer gives you a perfect testing ground for experimentation, theme development, plugin testing, and website development. This course is designed for developers and users who want to install and configure WordPress locally on a Mac with MAMP, the open-source server/database/scripting language combo that sets the stage for more serious WordPress development. Author Morten Rand-Hendriksen covers the configuration options and usage scenarios to get you started working in WordPress quickly.
- What is MAMP?
- Downloading MAMP and WordPress
- Installing MAMP and WordPress
- Accessing WordPress from your desktop
- Troubleshooting your setup
Hi, I'm Morten Rand-Hendriksen, and welcome to Installing and Running WordPress MAMP. In this course, I'll show you how to install WordPress on your Mac so you can experiment with and develop content for WordPress without having to rely on an external web host or an Internet connection. I'll start by showing you where to get MAMP and how to install it on your computer. We'll look at how to configure a MAMP and WordPress to work together. And finally, I'll show you how to uninstall MAMP without losing your content in the process.
Having WordPress installed locally on your computer will make it a lot easier to experiment with and develop content for WordPress. So let's get cracking with Installing and Running WordPress MAMP.
Find answers to the most frequently asked questions about Installing and Running WordPress: MAMP (2013) .
Here are the FAQs that matched your search "" :
- Q: How do I take the local version of my WordPress site and publish it on the web?
- A: The course WordPress Quick Tips: Migration and Database Reset shows you how to migrate a local site to production. The method shown creates a new duplicate of the original website, but it requires detailed database work and effectively results in a hard reset of the target site. Proceed carefully.
Sorry, there are no matches for your search "" —to search again, type in another word or phrase and click search.