Formatting an entire document with one click
Video: Formatting an entire document with one clickFormatting an entire document with one click provides you with in-depth training on Business. Taught by Mariann Siegert as part of the Word 2007: Styles in Depth
Formatting an entire document with one click provides you with in-depth training on Business. Taught by Mariann Siegert as part of the Word 2007: Styles in Depth
In Word 2007: Styles in Depth, author Mariann Siegert shows how to take advantage of Word styles to make professional documents. The course starts off with a demonstration of the benefits of using styles and then shows how to apply, create, and modify styles to suit individual needs. More advanced topics include creating a table of contents from styles, using Quick Styles and style sets, sorting and hiding styles, restricting styles in protected documents, using keyboard shortcuts for styles, and much more. Exercise files are included with the course.
- Understanding the five types of Word styles
- Using the Style pane
- Swapping styles with Find and Replace
- Formatting bulleted and numbered lists with styles
- Basing a new style on an existing one
- Modifying styles with the Style Inspector
- Building a table of contents with styles
- Linking styles with multilevel lists
- Copying, deleting, and renaming styles
- Setting document and style defaults
Formatting an entire document with one click
Style sets are a great new feature in Word 2007. Just as Microsoft comes with built-in styles, they went a step further and added 11 pre-built style sets, a feature where you can format or reformat your entire document with sets of styles in just one click. Click on the down arrow next to the Change Styles button from the Home tab. So you see that Change Styles is right here. There is a little down arrow. Click on it, and then point to Style Set.
A list of the pre-built style sets are shown here. These are the eleven built-in styles that come with Word 2007. Now if you or someone else that works on your computer added things to it, you'll see those here, as well. Now hold your mouse over each one of these style sets, and you can watch the magic happen. This is a Live Preview. You could see how this document changes quite a bit with each one of these styles. The colors are changing, the fonts are changing, and it looks pretty darn good.
We're going to select the one that says Fancy, and click on it. Then view your document, and there it is. It went from a Plain Jane document to ready-to-go in just one click. As you could see, you could choose all different kinds of style sets here, and apply it to this document. If you change your mind, let's choose Distinctive. So click on the down arrow next to the Change Styles, point to Style Set, and we'll find Distinctive, and click on it.
Now let's take a look and see how that looks. Again, it's totally different. It's a different kind of look and feel that might be a little bit more professional than the other. Let's go back to Change Styles. Click on the down arrow. This time, we want Traditional. Go to Style Set, choose Traditional, totally different look and feel - in one click. And whole entire sets of styles are applied to this document. How about - let's say that you want to apply the 2007 Style Set.
We're going to go to Change Styles > Style Set, and choose Word 2007, and click on it. This has the 2007 style set applied to it. When a Word 2007 demonstrator first showed this to me, they failed to mention that there was more to the magic than met the eye. He failed to mention what was going on behind the scenes in his sample document. Just as important to know the trick behind sawing someone in half before you try it, it's just as important - well, okay, not just as important, but important nonetheless, to know what's happening behind the scenes, so you can make the magic happen in your documents.
Everything we've learned so far about styles in previous movies will give you the starting foundation that we can build on for you to better understand how style sets work, therefore being able to utilize them to their fullest capacity. And then we'll even build our own custom styles, and that's what the rest of this chapter is all about.
Find answers to the most frequently asked questions about Word 2007: Styles in Depth .
Here are the FAQs that matched your search "" :
- Q: How do I make Word revert to the original document styles, the ones that it came with?
- A: To restore the original styles in Word 2007, open your new document, choose the Styles group on the Home tab, and choose Change Style > Style Set. Select Word 2007.To set Word 2007 as the default style set for all documents going forward, go back to the Styles group, choose Change Styles, and then click Set as Default.To delete any additional styles you may have added, open the Styles pane (Ctrl+Shift+Alt+S), click the arrow to the right of the style name in the list, and choose Delete from the menu that appears. Note you cannot delete the styles that ship with Word. (The Delete option will be grayed out for these.)
Sorry, there are no matches for your search "" —to search again, type in another word or phrase and click search.