Using the exercise files
Video: Using the exercise filesUsing the exercise files provides you with in-depth training on Design. Taught by John Derry as part of the Digital Painting: Architecture
Using the exercise files provides you with in-depth training on Design. Taught by John Derry as part of the Digital Painting: Architecture
Learn to think like a painter and render images that look like they were created with oils or acrylics, using the latest digital artist's tools. Author and artist John Derry introduces the process of interpreting a photograph into a painted work of art. He begins by explaining his system of visual vocabularies, which describe how to replace the visual characteristics of a photograph with that of expressive painting, and also shares the custom brush sets and actions he uses to achieve these results in Adobe Photoshop. The course also covers working with filters, layers, effects, and more to add further detail and texture.
- Setting up a Wacom tablet
- Removing lens distortions
- Correcting distracting image elements
- Making shadow and highlight adjustments
- Simplifying details with filters and Smart Blur
- Modifying color
- Cloning layers
- Using a traditional paint color swatch set
- Using custom actions
- Working with canvas texture
- Creating physical surface texture effects
- Painting with custom brushes
Using the exercise files
If you're a Premium member of the lynda.com online training library, you have access to the exercise files used throughout this title. The exercise files are broken down into chapters. Any content associated with a chapter will be found in the appropriate chapter folder. If you're a Monthly member or Annual member of lynda.com, you don't have access to the exercise files, but you can follow along from scratch with your own assets. Let's get started with Transforming a Photo into a Painting with Photoshop CS6.
Find answers to the most frequently asked questions about Digital Painting: Architecture .
Here are the FAQs that matched your search "" :
- Q: I'm unable to install the custom Wacom settings included with the exercise files. Any advice on how to load them?
- A: After the course was recorded, we discovered that the Wacom preference files are not cross-platform and are specific to the machine that created them, which limits their use. However, in the exercise files you'll find a PDF labeled Intuos4 Mapping_PS_CS5.pdf; using this document, you can manually enter the settings in the Wacom control panel. Also, please note that the settings are not necessary to complete the course.
Sorry, there are no matches for your search "" —to search again, type in another word or phrase and click search.