Digital Painting: Architecture
Video: IntroductionLearn to think like a painter as you transform photographs into paintings using the latest digital artist's tools.
Viewers: in countries Watching now:
Learn to think like a painter and render images that look like they were created with oils or acrylics, using the latest digital artist's tools. Author and artist John Derry introduces the process of interpreting a photograph into a painted work of art. He begins by explaining his system of visual vocabularies, which describe how to replace the visual characteristics of a photograph with that of expressive painting, and also shares the custom brush sets and actions he uses to achieve these results in Adobe Photoshop. The course also covers working with filters, layers, effects, and more to add further detail and texture.
- Setting up a Wacom tablet
- Removing lens distortions
- Correcting distracting image elements
- Making shadow and highlight adjustments
- Simplifying details with filters and Smart Blur
- Modifying color
- Cloning layers
- Using a traditional paint color swatch set
- Using custom actions
- Working with canvas texture
- Creating physical surface texture effects
- Painting with custom brushes
(music playing.) Hi, I'm John Derry. Welcome to Digital Painting: Architecture. In this title, I'll show you how you can utilize Photoshop to transform your photos into expressive hand-painted works of art. We'll examine the vocabularies of photography and painting, and learn how to expressively interpret one into the other. We'll take an in-depth look at my brushes and techniques now incorporated into CS6, and teach you how to apply them to execute your own unique artistic vision.
In the first half of this title, we will go through the process of preparing the photo for interpretation. Then, in the second half, we will utilize my tool preset brushes and expressively interpret our prepared photo into a painted result. If you've got a digital camera, from a phone camera to a DSLR, you can take your picture from digital image to digital masterpiece. Now, let's get started with Transforming a Photograph into a Painting with Photoshop CS6.
Find answers to the most frequently asked questions about Digital Painting: Architecture .
Here are the FAQs that matched your search "" :
- Q: I'm unable to install the custom Wacom settings included with the exercise files. Any advice on how to load them?
- A: After the course was recorded, we discovered that the Wacom preference files are not cross-platform and are specific to the machine that created them, which limits their use. However, in the exercise files you'll find a PDF labeled Intuos4 Mapping_PS_CS5.pdf; using this document, you can manually enter the settings in the Wacom control panel. Also, please note that the settings are not necessary to complete the course.
Sorry, there are no matches for your search "" —to search again, type in another word or phrase and click search.