Using the Sculpt Geometry tool
Video: Using the Sculpt Geometry toolUsing the Sculpt Geometry tool provides you with in-depth training on 3D + Animation. Taught by Ryan Kittleson as part of the Modeling a Character in Maya
Viewers: in countries Watching now:
In Modeling a Character in Maya, join author Ryan Kittleson for a thorough demonstration on how to create a professional, realistic 3D character from scratch in Maya 2011. The course illustrates how key concepts and tools such as Soft Select and polygon extrusions apply to character modeling, and provides a simple step-by-step approach to building character anatomy, including the torso, limbs, hands, face, and hair. Also included are tutorials on modeling clothing and shoes, and refining character features to reach the final product. Exercise files accompany the course.
Recommended prerequisites: Maya 2011 Essential Training
- Smoothing out rough, polygonal surfaces with Smooth Preview
- Fashioning limbs and features from an existing model
- Manipulating polygons to create detail
- Using the Sculpt Geometry tool to make organic changes
- Modeling facial structure and the body
- Creating hair with NURBS curves
- Modeling pants, shoes, and shirts
- Forming creases and hard edges
- Fixing problem areas
- Applying the finishing touches
There are currently no FAQs about Modeling a Character in Maya.