Experimenting with your tempo using Varispeed
Video: Experimenting with your tempo using VarispeedExperimenting with your tempo using Varispeed provides you with in-depth training on Audio + Music. Taught by Dot Bustelo as part of the Logic Production Techniques: Making Beats
- What's next?
Viewers: in countries Watching now:
Experimenting with your tempo using Varispeed provides you with in-depth training on Audio + Music. Taught by Dot Bustelo as part of the Logic Production Techniques: Making Beats
Let internationally recognized music producer and Logic Pro presenter Dot Bustelo guide you through the process of creating professional beats for hip-hop, electronic dance, or other commercial music genres in Logic Pro. It all starts with choosing the right drum kit for your song, after which Dot covers recording, quantizing, and arranging your tracks of drums, bass, and synth lines. She then introduces the built-in drum machine Ultrabeat, showing how to step sequence, design your own custom sounds, and create glitchy effects. Next, discover some creative uses for Apple Loops, to adapt completely to the pitch and feel of your song. Then dive deeper into the unique tools for making beats and learn how to time-stretch, quantize, and regroove with Flex Audio, as well as add the most advanced, subtle swing to your beats and broaden your sounds with drum replacement. The final chapter focuses on techniques specific to electronic music, including warping a beat with Space Designer, side-chaining, and making DJ and turntable speed fades.
- Rehearsing the beat
- Recording kick and snare drums
- Understanding Logic Pro regions and quantizing effectively
- Sound designing your kits
- Step sequencing
- Making stutter vocal effects
- Customizing Apple Loops to lock in pitch and feel
- Finding your tempo and changing the tempo of audio
- Slicing your samples by transient and by beat
- Flexing like a pro
- Making groove templates and other advanced quantizing techniques
- Making retro Logic groove techniques with the Transform Editor
- Vocoding and side-chaining in Logic Pro
There are currently no FAQs about Logic Production Techniques: Making Beats.