Joomla! 1.7: Programming and Packaging Extensions
Video: WelcomeBridges the gap between site administration and customization by developing Joomla! components, plug-ins, modules, and other extensions.
- Defining extension types
- Translating essential language strings
- Displaying information in modules
- Defining Model View Controller
- Modeling data
- Styling views with CSS
- Handling HTML JForm elements
- Implementing configuration panels
- Building URL routes
- Exploring DOM libraries
- Marking multiple addresses with JSON
- Setting and listing favorites
- Restricting backend access
- Debugging languages
- Packaging extensions
Hi! This is Joe LeBlanc with Joomla! 1.7 Programming and Packaging Extensions. In this course we will walk through how to install minimal extensions, create a backend's interface, filter database results, configure development tools, make URLs human readable, and translate the user interface, and we will also build the custom component, a module, a language file and, several plug-ins. Then we will package the final codes to its installable on any Joomla site.
Let's start writing some extensions.
Find answers to the most frequently asked questions about Joomla! 1.7: Programming and Packaging Extensions .
Here are the FAQs that matched your search "" :
- Q: How do you change htaccess.txt to .htaccess in Windows 7? The Mac method is shown in the Chapter 11 movie "Configuring SEF URLs," but I can't get it to work in Windows.
- A: Go to the Start menu and choose Run. Then type cmd and press Enter. This will bring up the command prompt. Finally, enter the following command:
rename c:\Path\To\Your\Joomla\Site\htaccess.txt .htaccess
(Replace c:\Path\To\Your\Joomla\Site\ with the actual path to your Joomla installation.)
Sorry, there are no matches for your search "" —to search again, type in another word or phrase and click search.