Using the challenges
Video: Using the challengesUsing the challenges provides you with in-depth training on Developer. Taught by Joseph LeBlanc as part of the Node.js Essential Training
Using the challenges provides you with in-depth training on Developer. Taught by Joseph LeBlanc as part of the Node.js Essential Training
- Why use Node.js?
- Installing Node.js
- Understanding the event loop
- Initializing Node.js projects
- Creating modules with getters and setters
- Starting Express applications
- Testing your code
- Working with sessions and databases
- Building command-line tools
- Emitting events and attaching listeners
- Controlling readable streams
Using the challenges
This course includes several videos called challenges. Challenges are quick activities that give you a hands on opportunity to practice and master what you're learning. I'll start each challenge by describing your core objectives for the activity. If the challenge involves using any sample files, I'll tell you where to find them. I'll also give you a rough estimate of how much time it took me to complete the challenge. When you've completed a challenge, make sure to click the matching solution video. In each solution, I'll show you how I solved the challenge and give you some of my thinking along the way.
These challenges are a quick way of reviewing the concepts in the chapter you've just watched. Do each challenge, and you'll be well on your way to publishing your own node modules.
Find answers to the most frequently asked questions about Node.js Essential Training .
Here are the FAQs that matched your search "" :
- Q: How can I install the new version of the Express command-line tool?
- A: Newer versions of the Express command-line tool can be installed using the command "npm install -g express-generator." But before doing this, you should first remove any older version of the module, using the command "npm uninstall -g express."
Sorry, there are no matches for your search "" —to search again, type in another word or phrase and click search.