Using the exercise files
Video: Using the exercise filesUsing the exercise files provides you with in-depth training on Design. Taught by Justin Seeley as part of the Illustrator CS6 New Features
- Adding gradients to strokes
Using the exercise files provides you with in-depth training on Design. Taught by Justin Seeley as part of the Illustrator CS6 New Features
With the CS6 release, Adobe Illustrator is turning 25 and has a new look and a few new features. In this course, Justin Seeley hosts a tour of the interface changes and the tools introduced in this version. The course covers Pattern Options for creating simple, repeatable patterns for web graphics, advanced tracing options with the Image Tracing tool, and the improved performance and file management features. Justin also discusses the exclusive features you get with the Creative Cloud subscription to Illustrator, like the ability to quickly unembed images and one-click file packaging.
This course was updated on 10/04/2012.
- Adjusting the interface brightness
- Understanding updates to panels and preferences
- Creating a repeatable pattern
- Performing a basic trace
- Converting pixels to paths
- Understanding what 64-bit support means for you
- Introducing startup profiles
- Understanding the Save for Web changes
- Enhancing artwork with gradients on strokes
- Working with the improved Gaussian Blur
Using the exercise files
If you're a lynda.com Premium Subscriber or if you're watching this course on a DVD, you'll have access to the exercise files that I use throughout the course. Once you download the files, you'll get a folder like the one you see on my desktop, and inside, each chapter is clearly marked with the exercise files inside. If you're not a Premium Subscriber, you can still follow along with your own files with no problem. In any case, once you have your files ready to go, you're ready to begin the course. So let's go!
Find answers to the most frequently asked questions about Illustrator CS6 New Features .
Here are the FAQs that matched your search "" :
- Q: This course was updated on 10/04/12. What changed?
- A: We added a new chapter to address the new features that come with Illustrator when you have an Adobe Creative Cloud membership. These include features like the ability to quickly unembed images and one-click file packaging.
Sorry, there are no matches for your search "" —to search again, type in another word or phrase and click search.