Illustrator CS6 New Features
Video: WelcomeA tour of the interface changes and the new tools introduced in Illustrator CS6, including Pattern Options for creating repeatable patterns and advanced tracing options.
- Adding gradients to strokes
With the CS6 release, Adobe Illustrator is turning 25 and has a new look and a few new features. In this course, Justin Seeley hosts a tour of the interface changes and the tools introduced in this version. The course covers Pattern Options for creating simple, repeatable patterns for web graphics, advanced tracing options with the Image Tracing tool, and the improved performance and file management features. Justin also discusses the exclusive features you get with the Creative Cloud subscription to Illustrator, like the ability to quickly unembed images and one-click file packaging.
This course was updated on 10/04/2012.
- Adjusting the interface brightness
- Understanding updates to panels and preferences
- Creating a repeatable pattern
- Performing a basic trace
- Converting pixels to paths
- Understanding what 64-bit support means for you
- Introducing startup profiles
- Understanding the Save for Web changes
- Enhancing artwork with gradients on strokes
- Working with the improved Gaussian Blur
Hi! I'm Justin Seeley, and I want to welcome you to Illustrator CS6 New Features. Illustrator is one of my favorite Creative Suite applications, and in this course, I'll be showing you all of the new and exciting things that Adobe has included in this latest release. We'll start off by taking a look at Illustrator's all new user interface. That's right, the UI has been completely redone in Illustrator CS6, and so have the panels. Next we'll explore the all new Pattern Creation tools in Illustrator. This is going to be a huge timesaver for those of you who need to create seamless tiles for web backgrounds or any other project.
My favorite new feature has to be the revamped Image Trace. This feature allows you to transform bitmap images into scalable vector artwork. We'll also cover other various performance and file management upgrades that Adobe has made to Illustrator, as well as a small but cool feature that allows you to add gradients to strokes. I'm excited to show you all these new things. So if you're ready, let's get started with our look at Illustrator CS6 New Features.
Find answers to the most frequently asked questions about Illustrator CS6 New Features .
Here are the FAQs that matched your search "" :
- Q: This course was updated on 10/04/12. What changed?
- A: We added a new chapter to address the new features that come with Illustrator when you have an Adobe Creative Cloud membership. These include features like the ability to quickly unembed images and one-click file packaging.
Sorry, there are no matches for your search "" —to search again, type in another word or phrase and click search.