Illustrator CS5 New Features
Video: WelcomeDemonstrates noteworthy features and improvements in Adobe Illustrator CS5.
In Illustrator CS5 New Features, author Mordy Golding discusses noteworthy features and improvements in the latest upgrade of Adobe's vector graphics editor and drawing program. This course includes overviews of perspective drawing, expressive bristle brushes, and variable-width strokes, as well as anti-aliasing features for web design, a new Artboards panel, improvements to symbols and drawing modes, and integration with Adobe Flash Catalyst. Exercise files are included with the course.
- Creating complex art from basic shapes with the Shape Builder tool
- Transforming flat artwork using perspective grids and vanishing points
- Creating variable-width strokes
- Controlling dashed line length, corners, and gaps
- Creating original brushes using the Brushes panel
- Adding arrowheads to strokes
- Creating web-ready graphics, text, and slices
- Integrating with Flash Catalyst
Hello! My name is Mordy Golding and welcome to Illustrator CS5 New Features. You know, Illustrator is one of those applications that can help you do so many different kinds of things. And with Illustrator CS5, Adobe has added some great new features and a wealth of advancements. In this title, you'll learn how to use the new Perspective Grid feature to define vanishing points, to map two- dimensional artwork directly onto perspective planes, and also, to adjust the thickness of stroke attributes along a path.
The artist in you will be inspired with an incredible new feature, Bristle Brush. It turns your pressure-sensitive tablet and pen, like this Wacom Intuous 460 Art pen, into a full range of responsive and realistic artist brushes. Perhaps most significantly, you'll learn about the small things in Illustrator CS5 that really make this upgrade worthwhile, enhancements like a new Artboards panel, dashed strokes that always line up correctly, better control over symbols and a Join command that actually lets you connect more than one path at a time.
These are the kinds of things that will make you wonder how you ever got by without them. So join me in an in-depth look at everything that's new about Illustrator CS5.
Find answers to the most frequently asked questions about Illustrator CS5 New Features .
Here are the FAQs that matched your search "" :
- Q: In the “Mapping flat artwork to perspective grids” video, directions for moving a box in a perpendicular direction say to use the Tilde key. However, upon attempting to move the box using this method, the box continues to move in the same plane, not in a perpendicular fashion. Is the technique in the video incorrect?
- A: Adobe changed this keyboard shortcut just before the final release. The shortcut is the "5" key. The video tutorial has been updated to reflect this.
Sorry, there are no matches for your search "" —to search again, type in another word or phrase and click search.