Flash Builder 4.5 and Flex 4.5 New Features
Video: Flash Builder 4.5 and Flex 4.5 New Features: WelcomeHi! My name is David Gassner and I'd like to welcome you to Flash Builder 4.5 and Flex 4.5 New Features. This new release of the Flash Builder development environment adds new capabilities that will help you speed up your development work. There are new tools for code completion of metadata tags, the new Quick Assist feature that launches code wizards just as you need them, and many other great tools. The Flex SDK now can be used to create Adobe AIR applications for Android phones and Tablets.
Viewers: in countries Watching now:
This course offers developers an overview of the latest enhancements found in Flash Builder 4.5 and Flex 4.5. Author David Gassner demonstrates timesaving code generation and debugging tools, explains how to incorporate components from the expanded Spark component framework, and showcases new mobile device development capabilities. The course also shows how to work with projects created by designers in Flash Catalyst.
Recommended prerequisite: Flash Builder 4 and Flex 4 Essential Training.
- Coding with Quick Assist
- Using code completion on metadata tags and states
- Using new Design mode configuration and view capabilities
- Using the Spark versions of the DataGrid, Form, and Image components
- Creating a Flex project for Android applications
- Handling navigation in a view-based mobile application
- Using the Flash Catalyst CS5.5/Flash Builder 4.5 workflow
Hi! My name is David Gassner and I'd like to welcome you to Flash Builder 4.5 and Flex 4.5 New Features. This new release of the Flash Builder development environment adds new capabilities that will help you speed up your development work. There are new tools for code completion of metadata tags, the new Quick Assist feature that launches code wizards just as you need them, and many other great tools. The Flex SDK now can be used to create Adobe AIR applications for Android phones and Tablets.
I'll show you how to build a basic mobile application, including how to implement view-based navigation, and how to simulate Android devices for testing within Flash Builder. Flash Builder also has new tools that let you work closely with designers who are prototyping their applications with Flash Catalyst CS5.5. I'll give you some recommendations about the workflow between these two products and show you a bit of what the designer sees. This new release opens up many new possibilities for experienced Flex developers.
You can build applications for more platforms than ever before and can get the work done far more quickly.
Find answers to the most frequently asked questions about Flash Builder 4.5 and Flex 4.5 New Features .
Here are the FAQs that matched your search "" :
- Q: Is Flash Builder compatible with Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)?
A: Yes, Flash Builder 4.51 is compatible with the most recent version of Mac OS X. (The original Flash Builder 4 is not compatible with Lion; if you want to upgrade Mac OS X, you'll also need to upgrade Flash Builder.)
Unlike previous versions of Mac OS X, Lion does not include a default Java development environment. Before running the Flash Builder installer, you should install Java for Mac OS X. Failure to do this will result in Flash Builder 4.5, rather than 4.5.1, being installed on the system.
You can trigger the installation of Java with these steps:1. Open Terminal.2. Type 'java' and press Return.3. Follow the prompts to download and install Java.There is one usability issue that will affect all users of Flash Builder on Mac OS X 10.7–right-clicking in the package explorer may stop working after prolonged use of Flash Builder. To resolve the issue Flash Builder must be restarted.
Finally, the Flash Builder installer includes a version of Flash Player that is not recommended for use with Mac OS X 10.7. Rather than installing the default version, you should download and install the latest debugger version from http://www.adobe.com/support/
- Q: I'm using the most recent versions of Flash Builder and Flex. The projects provided in this course's exercise files don't run correctly. How do I get the code working?
- A: The course's exercise files were built for the original release of Flash Builder and Flex 4.5. There are two potential issues: the version of the Flex SDK linked into each project and the version of Flash Player you have installed on your system.
For each project, follow these steps after importing it into Flash Builder:
- In the Package Explorer view, right-click on the project name and choose Properties.
- Click Flex Compiler.
- Change the Flex SDK Version to Use default SDK.
- Click OK.
- The project should now compile correctly.
- Open Windows Explorer (Windows) or Finder (Mac).
- Navigate to the Flash Player installation folder.
- Open the player subfolder.
- Open the subfolder for your operating system (Mac or Windows).
- Open the version subfolder.
- If running on Mac, open the DMG file and install the Flash Player application.
- If running on Windows, run the Flash Player installer executable for whichever browser you use for previewing Flex applications.
Sorry, there are no matches for your search "" —to search again, type in another word or phrase and click search.