Excel 2010: Financial Functions in Depth
Video: Excel 2010: Financial Functions in Depth: WelcomeShows how to perform a wide range of financial calculations quickly and easily using the many financial functions found in Excel 2010.
- Additional resources
Viewers: in countries Watching now:
In this course, author Curt Frye shows how to perform a wide range of financial calculations quickly and easily using the many financial functions found in Excel 2010. The course details dozens of functions for evaluating cash flows; calculating depreciation; determining rates of return, bond coupon dates, and security durations; and more.
- Analyzing loans, payments, and interest
- Discovering the interest rate of an annuity
- Determining depreciation using the straight line, declining balance, double-declining balance, and other methods
- Calculating the future value of an investment with variable returns
- Finding the discount rate of a security
- Converting between fractional prices and decimal prices
- Determining the yield of securities that pay interest periodically
Hi! I am Curt Frye. Welcome to Excel 2010: Financial Functions In Depth. In this course, I'll show you how to use all of the financial functions in Excel 2010 to analyze your data. To start, I'll show you how to calculate a loan payment, calculate interest paid during a specific period, and calculate the number of periods in an investment. Next, I'll tackle depreciation, showing you how to calculate it using the straight line and the declining balance methods plus many more. I'll then move onto analyzing cash flows by calculating the future value, net present value, and internal rate of return of your investments.
Next, I'll show you how to analyze coupon bonds, discounted securities, and treasury bills. Finally, I'll show you how to analyze bonds with unusual payment schedules. Whether you use Excel to analyze your personal finances or to examine the business investment, you'll find the information you need in this course. In short, I'm sure you'll find that your time with Excel 2010: Financial Functions In Depth will be time well spent.
Find answers to the most frequently asked questions about Excel 2010: Financial Functions in Depth .
Here are the FAQs that matched your search "" :
- Q: Where can I learn more about Excel formulas?
- A: Discover more on this topic by visiting Excel formulas on lynda.com.
Sorry, there are no matches for your search "" —to search again, type in another word or phrase and click search.