Drupal 7 Custom Module Development
Video: WelcomeExtend your Drupal 7 sites with custom modules, which allow you to create everything from admin interfaces to forms.
- Creating a custom permission
Viewers: in countries Watching now:
Extend your Drupal 7 sites with custom modules, which allow you to create everything from admin interfaces to forms. Author Jon Peck describes how modules extend your base Drupal installation, then walks through how to write your own module with a practical example featuring geo-positioned alternative energy centers. The course also describes how to control access to site features, create new content types, build forms, understand data persistence, embrace coding standards, and much more.
- Creating your first module
- Interacting with hooks
- Working with permissions and roles
- Controlling access
- Adding a menu item to an admin interface
- Using the Form API (FAPI) to quickly create a form
- Creating custom form validation
- Manually creating a custom content type
- Validating user input
- Importing content using feeds
- Creating a block
- Understanding best practices and coding standards
Welcome to Drupal 7 Custom Module Development. I'm Jon Peck. In this course, I'll show you how to extend Drupal 7 sites with new functionality using custom modules. Topics covered include how to control access to new site features, how to create new content types and build forms, how Drupal facilitates data persistence, how to implement proper coding standards, and much more. The end result will be a functional module and the foundational knowledge necessary for developing solutions within the Drupal content management framework.
Let's get started.
Find answers to the most frequently asked questions about Drupal 7 Custom Module Development .
Here are the FAQs that matched your search "" :
- Q: gmap3_tools is not working the way I expected it to. What version of gmap3_tools should I be using?
- A: Use the free exercise file containing the version of gmap3_tools used for recording; the published version of the module on drupal.org has changed since recording and is not backwards compatible.
- Q: I attempted to run the Drupal site root from the project files, but the site isn't loading. Why not?
- A: The Drupal configuration file in sites/default/settings.php contains database configuration specific to the environment used to record the movie. This may be different than your environment. Edit the file and search for "windfarms" - you may need to change the database host, username, password, db name and port to match your specific environment.
Sorry, there are no matches for your search "" —to search again, type in another word or phrase and click search.