Dreamweaver CS5.5 New Features
Video: WelcomeCovers enhancements to the latest release of Adobe's web design and development software.
- Where to go from here
Viewers: in countries Watching now:
This course covers the enhancements to the latest release of Adobe's web design and development software. Author James Williamson examines Dreamweaver's updated support for current Web standards, such as code hinting for HTML5, CSS3, and jQuery, and new W3C-compliant code validation. James also demonstrates the new features introduced specifically for mobile development that allow developers to download, install, and configure native applications for Android and Apple iOS. These features include support for PhoneGap integration, jQuery mobile framework, native binaries, and platform emulators launched directly in Dreamweaver.
- Creating new HTML5 documents
- Using code hinting for CSS3, HTML5, DOM elements, and jQuery
- Configuring jQuery widgets with the Widget Browser
- Managing media queries
- Previewing web pages on multiple devices with the Multiscreen Preview panel
- Configuring mobile application frameworks
- Building and emulating mobile applications
We'll take a look at changes to the Widget Browser and how Adobe has integrated W3C validation into Dreamweaver. Mobile development is a big focus of the CS5.5 release, and we'll cover the added support for jQuery Mobile, the PhoneGap framework, and how media query support, multiscreen preview, and platform emulation can help you develop and test your mobile apps directly in Dreamweaver. I also want to point out that a few of the features I am going to show you were actually available earlier in the Dreamweaver HTML5 pack that was released last year and then rolled into the 11.0.3 update.
Since these features were not included in the CS5 release and are a part of the CS5.5 install, I am going to cover them here as well. Well, I am sure you're eager to get started, so let's dive in and see what's new in Dreamweaver CS5.5.
Find answers to the most frequently asked questions about Dreamweaver CS5.5 New Features .
Here are the FAQs that matched your search "" :
- Q: This course teaches us how to create mobile app in the "Mobile App Support" chapter and the app works great. But when we try to upload to android market, it says that the Android Market can't upload a debug/release version. What's wrong with the app?
- A: As mentioned in the movie, the Dreamweaver emulator support does not create deliverable apps. It is designed to act as an IDE and debugging environment only. From there it is up to the developer to package and distribute apps to the various app stores.
Take a look at https://build.phonegap.com/. It's an early service dedicated to creating deliverable binaries for multiple platforms. Since it's PhoneGap, it's also the same framework used within Dreamweaver, so Dreamweaver based apps should port right over.
Sorry, there are no matches for your search "" —to search again, type in another word or phrase and click search.