Online Marketing Basics
Video: WelcomeIntroduces web marketers, web designers, business owners, and executives to the world of online marketing.
In Online Marketing Fundamentals, Lorrie Thomas Ross introduces web marketers, web designers, business owners, and executives to the world of online marketing. The course takes a look at the basis of any online marketing effort—a business's web site—and reviews how the different components of the site can support the business's goals, from SEO and SEM to social media, online PR, and content marketing.
- Defining the target market
- Setting clear goals and success metrics
- Working with web analytics software
- Building a site map
- Selecting a domain name and a web host
- Planning for mobile
- Conducting social media marketing
- Developing an email marketing campaign
- Exploring content marketing
- Reviewing online public relations
- Understanding the difference between search engine marketing (SEM) and search engine optimization (SEO)
- Reviewing blogging and microblogging
- Looking at online advertising with search, affiliates, email, and more
Hi! I'm Lorrie Thomas Ross. Welcome to Online Marketing Fundamentals. In today's time-crunched nation, people want information instantly at the click of their fingertips. They are flocking to the Web to find products, services, and information. In this course, we'll first create a foundation by defining how online marketing works, and identifying its distinctions and components. In addition, we'll discuss planning and online marketing strategy, as well as determining your target audience, and measuring the results of your marketing efforts.
Planning and building a Web site is crucial to the success of your online marketing strategy. From creating a site map, and building a wireframe, to selecting a domain and hosting company, we'll explore the necessary steps for getting your site up and running. From there, we'll tackle the key elements for establishing a Web presence, including creating compelling online content in the form of articles, social media posts, online press releases, and even e-mail newsletters. Great Web site content can only take you so far without having an audience, so we'll cover how to reach and grow your audience through successful search engine marketing, including search engine optimization, and paid and local search.
We'll see how to harness the power of social media, including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn, as well as blogging to keep your audience updated, informed, and engaged. And finally, we'll delve into online advertising, as well as e-mail marketing, to help gain valuable sales and exposure. Slow is the same as stop when it comes to online marketing, so let's get started with Online Marketing Fundamentals.
Find answers to the most frequently asked questions about Online Marketing Basics .
Here are the FAQs that matched your search "" :
- Q: Where can I learn more about internet marketing?
- A: Discover more about this topic by visiting internet marketing on lynda.com.
Sorry, there are no matches for your search "" —to search again, type in another word or phrase and click search.