Searching by author
Video: Searching by authorSearching by author provides you with in-depth training on Business. Taught by Lynda.com Staff as part of the How to use Lynda.com
Searching by author provides you with in-depth training on Business. Taught by Lynda.com Staff as part of the How to use Lynda.com
Make the most out of your Lynda.com membership. Watch this course to learn how to quickly find the training and tools you need to create your own personalized learning path.
First, find out about the types of videos we offer at Lynda.com, including in-depth software training, first looks at up-and-coming technology trends, courses to help you develop critical business skills, techniques for creative pros, and inspirational documentaries. Then get a demo of special library features such as bookmarks, playlists, notes, transcripts, certificates of completion, and FAQs, and learn where to turn for help when you need it. Plus, find out how to access Lynda.com on the go, using our mobile apps and offline viewing capabilities.
- Choosing a membership plan
- Finding the latest releases
- Downloading and using exercise files
- Searching the video transcripts
- Choosing the right video player
- Creating and sharing playlists
- Taking notes
- Printing and sharing certificates of completion
- Updating your member profile
- Changing or canceling your membership plan
- Contacting customer support
Searching by author
- As you watch videos at Lynda.com you may find that you really connect with a certain author and their teaching style. And you may like to sample some of their other courses. If you're currently viewing that author's course just click his or her name at the top of the page next to the course title. Doing so takes you to that author's page at Lynda.com where you can read a brief biography and browse the list of all the other courses by that author. This list can be sorted by the courses release dates which is the default setting or you can search by a course title, A to Z or Z to A.
You can also sort by basic view, but the default is the detailed view. If you know the author's name you can also type their name directly into a search bar and click enter. And the first search result will show that author. And you can click on their name to go directly to their author page. To see a complete list of all of our authors go up to the featured tab and select authors.
And from here you can scroll through and browse the author list alphabetically by first name or click one of the letters at the top of the page to jump to a specific point. And again, clicking a name will take you directly to that author's page.
There are currently no FAQs about How to use Lynda.com.