How To Navigate A Course Details Page In How To Use Lynda.Com
Video: How To Navigate A Course Details Page In How To Use Lynda.ComNavigating a course details page provides you with in-depth training on Business. Taught by Lynda.com Staff as part of the How to use Lynda.com
Navigating a course details page provides you with in-depth training on Business. Taught by Lynda.com Staff as part of the How to use Lynda.com
Make the most out of your Lynda.com membership. Watch this course to learn how to quickly find the training and tools you need to create your own personalized learning path.
First, find out about the types of videos we offer at Lynda.com, including in-depth software training, first looks at up-and-coming technology trends, courses to help you develop critical business skills, techniques for creative pros, and inspirational documentaries. Then get a demo of special library features such as bookmarks, playlists, notes, transcripts, certificates of completion, and FAQs, and learn where to turn for help when you need it. Plus, find out how to access Lynda.com on the go, using our mobile apps and offline viewing capabilities.
- Choosing a membership plan
- Finding the latest releases
- Downloading and using exercise files
- Searching the video transcripts
- Choosing the right video player
- Creating and sharing playlists
- Taking notes
- Printing and sharing certificates of completion
- Updating your member profile
- Changing or canceling your membership plan
- Contacting customer support
Navigating a course details page
- Once you've located a course you'd like to watch, clicking its name or thumbnail takes you to that course's page. Here's an overview of the course page layout. Under the course title you'll see buttons for adding this course to your playlist, downloading exercise files, sharing with others, and downloading the course for offline viewing, which is available to premium, annual, or group subscribers. I'll cover these options more in upcoming videos. Below that is the video player area.
This is where each video in the course will be displayed. If you'd like, you can click this area to immediately start playing the first video in the course. Below that we have a search field for searching the text of that course. We close caption all of our courses, and this field can be really useful for helping you find specific information. To the right of the Search field, we have four tabs. The Course details tab is currently selected, which displays the description of the course so you can see what the course covers, who it's designed for, and other relevant information, such as the course's duration, release date, as well as how many other viewers have watched the course.
In the left column here, you'll find the table of contents where you can browse through the chapters and videos contained in the course. If you're not a Lynda.com member, you'll be able to sample a handful of free movies from each course. The free movies will appear in the standard blue link, while the members only videos will have a lock icon next to them. Of course, if you are a member and you're currently logged in, you'll have access to all of these videos. So, to view a video, simply click its name.
- One of the nicest, new features in Adobe Audition, is the option to replace the media-- - The video will start playing here in the player right away. And also notice that the transcript tab is now open down here. From here you can read through the contents of the entire video, which can often give you a better idea of whether or not the movie contains useful information you'd like to learn. And, it might also be useful if you want to quickly scan ahead to find the information you're looking for.
The text in the transcript will also dynamically highlight along with the video, so you can see exactly where you are in the video at any time. So, if I jump forward in the video timeline a bit... - Overall, you'll find it easier to locate media files that are missing when you... Okay, and now-- - You can see the text also jumps forward and the words the author is currently saying are highlighted. You can also click within the transcript itself to jump to that point in the training.
- I've got a session here, and I... - So, back over here in the table of contents you'll see these arrows next to the chapter titles. Clicking on these arrows alternates between showing and hiding that chapter's contents. Some chapters are quite lengthy, and temporarily collapsing their contents makes it easier to browse the chapter titles and get a better overall view of the course as a whole. You can also use the Collapse All, and Expand All options at the top.
Under the FAQs tab you will find the frequently asked questions about the course and the answers to them. Whether you see any information in this area is going to vary from course to course. But we do frequently add answers to common questions we receive about our courses. In this particular example we can see information about what was changed in the last update to the course. Scrolling down towards the bottom of the page you'll find suggested courses to watch next. So, this area displays related content you might find useful to watch after viewing this course.
And under that you'll see a scrollable list of courses that other members have watched after viewing this course. So, there you have the layout of the course page.
There are currently no FAQs about How to use Lynda.com.