How to use Lynda.com
Video: WelcomeMake the most of your Lynda.com membership. Learn how to find the training you need, and use special library features such as bookmarks, playlists, notes, transcripts, certificates of completion, FAQs, and more.
Make the most out of your Lynda.com membership. Watch this course to learn how to quickly find the training and tools you need to create your own personalized learning path.
First, find out about the types of videos we offer at Lynda.com, including in-depth software training, first looks at up-and-coming technology trends, courses to help you develop critical business skills, techniques for creative pros, and inspirational documentaries. Then get a demo of special library features such as bookmarks, playlists, notes, transcripts, certificates of completion, and FAQs, and learn where to turn for help when you need it. Plus, find out how to access Lynda.com on the go, using our mobile apps and offline viewing capabilities.
- Choosing a membership plan
- Finding the latest releases
- Downloading and using exercise files
- Searching the video transcripts
- Choosing the right video player
- Creating and sharing playlists
- Taking notes
- Printing and sharing certificates of completion
- Updating your member profile
- Changing or canceling your membership plan
- Contacting customer support
- Hi, and welcome to How to use Lynda.com. My name is Catlyn, and I'm a staff author here at Lynda.com. In this course I and other staff authors will show you how to make your way around our website so you can get the most out of your subscription to our library. If you're not already a member of our site, that's no problem. You can still watch this entire course completely for free to understand how Lynda.com can help serve your learning goals. We'll start with the look of the navigation system, and the many options there are to find topics and content that you're interested in.
We'll also cover the ins and outs of our custom video player, including how to control movie playback options like closed captioning, speed controls, and the size of the video on your screen. We'll show you some of the advanced features we offer, including how to bookmark videos, how to create playlists, how to take notes, and how to manage your profile and interests to make it easier to find courses that are relevant to you. We'll take a look at our mobile apps and offline viewing options.
And finally, we'll walk you through some trouble-shooting options and where to go if you have any questions you'd like answers to, or comments that you'd like to pass on to us. We hope that you'll enjoy this course and come back to it often as we continue to update our site and provide new and useful features.
There are currently no FAQs about How to use Lynda.com.