Acing Your Interview
Video: Acing Your Interview: WelcomeTips to ace your interview and land the job you want.
Viewers: in countries Watching now:
Ace your interview and land the job you want. Join author Valerie Sutton as she explores the different types of interview questions and styles you might expect, and how to prepare for them by researching the company and practicing your answers. Uncover the best ways to create a good first impression and navigate the interview, as well as handle the tricky questions and identify the unlawful ones. Plus, learn how to assess your own performance, thank the company for their time, and follow up on a decision.
- Understanding interview formats
- Anticipating questions and preparing answers
- Researching potential employers
- Establishing good body language in the interview
- Reviewing your performance
- Answering questions using the Situation-Action-Result method
The interview is one of the most important parts of the job search and your chance to shine. If you're lucky to have gotten an interview, you've gotten past the screening stage and you may have beaten out hundreds of other candidates to get to this point. This is your opportunity to show the value you will bring to the organization and land the job. We'll begin with preparation where I'll discuss the various types of interview formats and help you anticipate questions. I'll give you techniques that you can use to practice and best prepare for the interview.
Next, we'll talk about how to confidently approach the actual interview; making a good first impression; navigating difficult interviews; and getting your message across using effective body language. Finally, we'll talk about follow-up, where you assess your own performance, send thank yous, and respond appropriately to the employer's decision. You want to be the final candidate, and having a successful interview is one of the most crucial steps to finding your next job.
So let's get started with Acing Your Interview.
Find answers to the most frequently asked questions about Acing Your Interview .
Here are the FAQs that matched your search "" :
- Q: Where can I learn more about communication skills?
- A: Discover more on this topic by visiting communication skills on lynda.com.
- Q: This course was updated on 6/05/2013. What changed?
- A: We added new videos on handling tricky and possibly illegal interview questions, what your body language says about you, and how to answer questions with the SAR (Situation-Action-Result) method.
Sorry, there are no matches for your search "" —to search again, type in another word or phrase and click search.