Up and Running with Aptana Studio 3
- Installing Aptana Studio on Windows and OS X
- Creating a new file from scratch or from a template
- Creating a new web project
- Importing an existing web project
- Editing code
- Viewing code changes with Quick Diff
- Keeping track of your to-do list with Tasks
- Adding new code snippets and templates with bundles
- Previewing projects
- Deploying your website to an FTP server
Hi, I am Joe Marini, and I'd like to welcome you to Up and Running with Aptana Studio. In this course, we will look at using Aptana Studio, one of the most fully featured, open-source IDEs available today. And best of all, it's available for free. I'll start by showing you how to install Aptana Studio for both Windows and Mac. Than we'll see how to use Aptana Studio to organize projects and take advantage of great features like the Local History. We'll see how to use Aptana's professional grade code editing features, like Content Assist, Code Snippets, and Bookmarks and Tasks.
And we'll finish up by previewing our work locally, using Aptana's built-in web server and deploying our project to an FTP site. Aptana Studio is a great free tool for building all kinds of coding projects. It contains features usually found in programs costing hundreds of dollars. If you're looking to take your coding productivity to the next level, then let's get started learning how to get Up and Running with Aptana Studio.
There are currently no FAQs about Up and Running with Aptana Studio 3.