Editing a mask path
Video: Editing a mask pathEditing a mask path provides you with in-depth training on Video. Taught by Chris Meyer and Trish Meyer as part of the After Effects Apprentice 05: Creating Transparency
Viewers: in countries Watching now:
In this course, Chris Meyer demonstrates the most common techniques for adding selective transparency to layers in After Effects through the use of masks, track mattes, and stencils. In addition to explaining the tools and basic theory behind transparency, the course covers several practical applications for these techniques, including isolating objects, creating vignettes, and filling text with visual texture. Tutorials on crafting custom transitions and other treatments are also included. Exercise files accompany the course.
The After Effects Apprentice videos on lynda.com were created by Trish and Chris Meyer and are designed to be used on their own and as a companion to their book After Effects Apprentice. We are honored to host these tutorials in the lynda.com Online Training Library®.
- Creating masks using parametric shapes or freeform with the Pen tool
- Editing and animating masks
- Combining multiple masks
- Using one layer to define the transparency of others
- Explaining the interaction between effects, masks, and mattes
- Mastering mask animation
Find answers to the most frequently asked questions about After Effects Apprentice 05: Creating Transparency .
Here are the FAQs that matched your search "" :
- Q: This course was updated on 11/15/2012. What changed?
- A: We added a movie that shows our premium subscribers how to use the exercise files, We have also added new sets of exercise files designed for After Effects CS5.5 and After Effects CS6.
Sorry, there are no matches for your search "" —to search again, type in another word or phrase and click search.