Using the Looper audio effect
Video: Using the Looper audio effectUsing the Looper audio effect provides you with in-depth training on Audio + Music. Taught by Yeuda Ben-Atar as part of the Ableton Live 9 for Live Performance
- What's next?
Using the Looper audio effect provides you with in-depth training on Audio + Music. Taught by Yeuda Ben-Atar as part of the Ableton Live 9 for Live Performance
In this course, Ableton Certified Trainer Yeuda Ben-Atar demonstrates how to use Ableton Live to its fullest potential in a live performance setting. First, learn how to choose the best MIDI controller to use with Ableton Live, and how to set it up properly to be used on stage. Then dive deeper into how to use MIDI mapping to get the most out of your controllers with Live. Next, Yeuda shares a number of techniques he employs as a live performer, like using cue points, looping, scratching, applying effects, and playing samples. He then shows how to create a live set, including organizing, exporting, and adding instruments and building custom effect racks.
Along the way, Yeuda reveals many live performance tricks using control surfaces and custom MIDI controllers that he's built, plus tips for playing and syncing up with other musicians and recording your live performance.
- Using Ableton Live or third-party controllers
- Choosing songs for a DJ set
- Building your decks
- Using EQ and gain to emulate mixer hardware
- Knowing when to use headphones
- Mapping the crossfader, EQ, and gain to MIDI controllers
- Looping with Beat Repeat
- Setting up multiple instruments on one track
- Creating a bus track for master effects
- Preparing your original productions for the stage
- Using commercial and custom MIDI controllers
- Live looping and live sample cutting
- Recording your live performance
There are currently no FAQs about Ableton Live 9 for Live Performance.